Come play in my world for awhile!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Talk about getting caught with your pants down!

I promise I'm going to stop posting stupid news stories about rumpologists and such. Soon. But it's just so hard to resist when there is such blatant stupidity and ridiculousness running rampant in the world.

Usually I try to relate the story back to the world according to me, but I can honestly say that nothing even close to this has ever befallen me. Well, I can think of a few times in high school when I felt this way, but that was an emotional reaction rather than a function of fact. Maybe that'll be tomorrow's post!

"A skier at Colorado's ritzy Vail resort was left dangling upside down and pants-less from a chairlift last Thursday morning." Source: The Smoking Gun. Follow this link for the explanation of how this came to be as well as pictures. Yep, some enterprising soul took pictures. It's not enough that this poor schmuck got pantsed (spell check claims this is not a word. I beg to differ) and hung upside down from a chair lift; some heartless person actually photographed him. So I guess that's my way of relating to the world according to me. In my world folks would be compassionate and concerned and would not take pictures of this man in his moment of weakness.

Of course in the world according to me, and this is the part I'm really struggling with, I wouldn't have laughed out loud while reading the story and viewing the pictures.

I guess my world still needs a little polishing around the edges.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of blogs and gossip sites and have been seeing this story all over the place for a couple of days. As sad as it is that this happened to him I could not contain the laughter from myself. Who ever took those pics and posted them is kind of mean but then again he did bring a smile to a lot of faces. Thank god for the internet lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I saw this on the Today Show and about died. The TODAY SHOW, could you imagine? Humiliating! See, that is what I was afraid would happen when I went roller skating. I'm glad to say all of my clothes stayed on!

Kathy B! said...

Okay, so apparently I'm a little slow on the uptake on this one :)

Sorry about that! But I truly had to comment. Too good to pass up!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it human nature to laugh and then feel bad about it? Wasn't that in chapter four of our sociology books? Oh wait, maybe not. Oh well. You're not alone.

Court D said...

How sad, poor thing. That sooo could have been me. Me and skiing just don't mesh well.

Anonymous said...

This is why I will never, ever be athletic. I've laughed at too many peoples' misfortunes...

Court D said...

Check my post tom. morning there will be an award for you!