Come play in my world for awhile!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

D-O-R-K

There's the good kind of dork. You know, like Steve Jobs. Enough said.

Then there's the other type of dork. The type that turns mountains into molehills, is technologically challenged, isn't savvy to the latest trends until they're fairly run of the mill. That's me.

I got another blog award (I know, two in one month. I'm a legend in my own mind! Woot!) and this one threw me into a tailspin (because I'm a dork).

Here are the instructions to accompany the award (I’m also including a quote that came with the instructions because there are some academic powerhouses here and here who occasionally read my blog, and I don't want to appear unedumacated. Oh, that was fun-- I couldn't resist!)

“Yes, that does say ‘for the coolest blog I ever know,’ and yes, everyone else who’s gotten it . . . has commented on the bizarre (ok, wrong) grammar there. Whatever.”

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to 10 other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.

It seems straight forward, but I couldn't come up with 10 blogs, mostly because all the other blogs I read regularly already received the award (Hmm... what does that say?!) and partly because I don't read a whole heck of a lot of other blogs, either. Then I wasn't sure how to properly post the logo on my blog...was it a button that I would have to code (Code! Ack! Last time I tried to tamper with my template was at Christmas and I wanted to add some festive snowflakes. It was supposed to be a simple cut and paste and instead I spent 2 hours praying to the bloggy god and frantically trying to get my blog back to it's plain, old self)... would I look like a dork if I didn't have 10 blogs to list (Note to self: I probably already do!)... would people think it was a really boring post (I've never really worried too much about what others think of my posts, and this is what makes me go and get all self-conscious?)... and on and on.

Fortunately, Gibby from Lost in Suburban Bliss (who gave me this award and started this whole nervous breakdown in the first place) gave me a virtual whack upside the head (which I clearly needed -- thanks Gibby!) and reminded me that this is the world according to me, and I can do whatever I want.

So without further ado I present you with my ten three blog recommendations:

Country Fried Mama - when my blog grows up it wants to be polished and fancy like this one.

The kids did WHAT? - this blog is hilarious! If you do nothing else, you MUST read her "Not Me Mondays."

Minxy Mimi Unplugged - this blog is honest and fun and worth a check!

I was going to add them to my blogroll but then, if I ever get tagged with an award again, who will I link to... can I give the awards to the people on my blogroll... will I look like I play favorites... will my readers think I'm lacking creativity... and on and on.

7 comments:

countryfriedmama said...

Oh, goodness. My first award. I am so honored. Really. I am enjoying your blog, too.

evenshine said...

Academic wha-huh??? Hardly. Me speak pretty one day, tho.
Can't wait to check out your recs!

Anonymous said...

And THAT, Kathy B!, is why I gave you the award in the first place...

Anonymous said...

You and me both. I've been putting off giving out awards in fear of what to do. I think I'm over thinking it.

Minxy Mimi said...

HAHAHAHA
I like dorks!!! Thanks so much and I will attend to this honor very soon!!!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Thank you. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! Although, that could just be the rum... ☺ ☺

I'll post this very soon!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I included the comment for the same reason... ;)

And thank you for the nod, but I'm no powerhouse. I'm more the person chasing after the school bus because I missed it and now I'm all discombobulated.