Come play in my world for awhile!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Love notes

The other day I went into my closet to change and I found two little sticky-notes on my shirts. Please do not comment on my closet. I know that my shirts are arranged by sleeve length. And by color. Light to dark. It's a sickness. And mom (posting always as anonymous), don't you dare mention that mess on my closet floor (of my own making that took the better part of a day to clean up). I have a blog post in progress to cover that.
.
I was immediately curious and bent closer to see what the notes said:

Emily received these sticky notes in a goody bag from a birthday party and used the entire package of notes writing "I love yous" and leaving them all over the house.

I wish I could bottle the warmhearted feelings of love and affection that washed over me as I wandered through the house collecting these tokens of Emily's affection. Then I could've opened the bottle and drunk in that magical feeling when all four kids were driving me crazy yesterday and I went ballistic and deteriorated into a hollering, irrational shell of my usual self. It was a good one. My husband walked in from the gym in the midst of my melt-down, and even he was trotting around trying to appease me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so cute! It is those things that keep us going amidst the craziness, that is for sure. If I were you, I would leave it in the closet so you can start each day reading it.

(And no, I won't say ANYTHING about how orderly your closet is. But let's just say I won't be posting pics of my closet any time soon!)

Anonymous said...

Not making a comment. Waitng for developments.

Kathy B! said...

Hello mom!

Do you mean my bog post in progress?!

Anonymous said...

yES

Anonymous said...

That is adorable...and I'm impressed by your closet!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable...and I'm impressed by your closet!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. What a great story.

So, when you travel up to Virginia to watch my stand-up, think we could stop by my house so you can tackle my closets?

Leslie M said...

So sweet!

Kathy B! said...

ck-

You are ON! I will totally do your closets (i'll even get my mom to come -- she is the master), but I have to see the stand-up first...

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! Keep the notes and look at them when you're frustrated. (That's what my dad did to get through our teenage years; when he retired he brought home a pen holder I made when I was four.)

As for the closet; amazing and yet crazy. I guess it beats the ten minutes it takes me to find a shirt to wear.

Minxy Mimi said...

Thats very sweet!!! HAHAHAHA that your mom posted here like you said she would!
Your closet looks awesome and perfect!

Michele said...

When my oldest was 6, she received an enormous set of stickers, and made me a sticker-embellished note that had

a bee - she wrote: "to remind you that you are my hony{sic}"

a foal "to tell you that a baby is only til 4" (a reminder that the innocence of children is oh so fleeting)

and something else I can't remember off the top of my head. That was 11 years ago, and I still carry it in my purse.

Keep it. You'll need the reminder when she's a teenager. >:-(