Come play in my world for awhile!

Monday, January 19, 2009

I'd sure hate to clean that up


Yesterday we were watching the Cardinals in their dramatic, clinching drive to secure a spot in the Super Bowl. My husband was glued to the action, I was reading a book, and the kids were kinda-sorta watching while doing various other things.

The game concluded and celebration erupted on the field with a blizzard of red and white confetti. One of my children looked up from the kitchen to see one of the players being interviewed in the midst of the chaos. He was overcome with emotion and was obviously crying. "What, is he crying?!" she said with obvious shock in her voice. She appeared confused. I was collecting my thoughts and before I could even begin to respond, she shook her head slightly and said with disgust, "I guess I'd be crying too if I had to clean that up. That confetti is a mess!"

My heart swelled a little. This child clearly got an extra large serving of my DNA.

Photo by Jamie Squire, Getty Images for USA Today

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is awesome! See, maybe our kids do listen to us a little after all!

P.S. Was your hubby crushed that she didn't get it? Mine would be!
P.S.S. I sent you an email...

Anonymous said...

Hahah!! This makes me laugh so much. Although I find it a bit distrubing that you were proud! What do you make your precious little ones do all day long? Slave away CLEANING??? ;) Love you!

Kathy B! said...

Gibby: My husband is surrounded by females, and is beyond the point of being crushed. He just sighs and shakes his head!

And thanks for the email!!

Michelle: I have my children chained to the counters with a mop in one hand and a broom in the other. I let them have every other weekend off. That's what kids are for, right?!

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah...I actually thought the exact same thing when I watched the confetti drop.

It's cute when a kid says it, but kinda sad when it's an adult. I think I need a drink...

evenshine said...

You have trained them well. They OBVIOUSLY got the good parts of your DNA! (And I'm just imagining cleaning all that up...oy vey...)