Come play in my world for awhile!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Golf cart sledding

I was going to try to do one of those "Wordless Wednesday" posts, but I think I am physically incapable of not writing at least a little something. Not to mention, I really feel as though these pictures require some explanation...


For those of you who don't live in North Carolina I should tell you that yesterday it snowed! Snow itself is quite rare in this area but what's even more unusual is what we did in the snow: golf cart sledding!

Two neighbors have golf carts and they attached toboggans to the back and towed the kids and adults around. I know this sounds tame (and the kiddy rides were tame) but the roads turned quickly from slushy to icy... and golf carts don't really have great traction on icy roads... and maybe I should say that our neighbors flung the adults around behind the carts? No, that's not quite it. Maybe hurled us around behind the golf cart? Eh, still no good. How about our neighbors tried to slingshot us into the next subdivision while making tight corners on icy roads and towing us in a toboggan behind a golf cart? Yep, that about sums it up.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. You got more snow than we did. I think we sold all the old sleds.

Anonymous said...

Did you guys have winter coats already, or did you have to run out and get them? How cold does it get there?

Kathy B! said...

We had the coats and ski pants from last year. We got no snow in San Fran. (obviously!), but we were only a short trip from Lake Tahoe so we went up there regularly for weekend trips. I'm looking around now to see if I can find any clearance bargains for next year as I won't be able to get by again next time.

This snow was highly unusual. I think average for this time of year is lows in the mid-30's and highs in the high 40's to low 50's.

It was a blast, though! The neighbors scored huge points for creative use of golf equipment!

Anonymous said...

Looks fun. But I wouldn't do it as I hate the cold and have been slingshotted out of a boat, which makes me twice as shy on being slingshotted. I'm glad you don't do a traditional Wordless Wednesday. We'd miss all that great commentary.

Court D said...

Golfcart sledding? Rock on! I want to do that. Oh wait.. Texas. sigh.

Anonymous said...

How awesome would that be? Much better than the old-fashioned way, in which climbing BACK up the hill is enough to give you a heart attack and start the little ones whining. I like your way much better. My hubby would kill to do that.

I forgot to ask if you are a Tar Heel or a Blue Devil? My brother is a big UNC fan and I love Coach K, so we get into some good gambling fun come March Madness. Good times...

Kathy B! said...

Gibby,

Currently we're loving all NC sports equally. We've been to Duke football and basketball. Chapel Hill football... they're all fun! People take these games seriously out here, though, so we're going to have to pledge our allegiance one way or another fairly soon. We've milked the, "Oh, I just moved here..." line about as long as we can!

countryfriedmama said...

Miss D. would LOVE this (we've had maybe 1/4 inch or so in the past two years), but I still see snow and feel sick to my stomach. Maybe in a few more years I will start to miss it.